Background information about JED PLC, address and customer care contact
The Jos Electricity Distribution Company (JED) is a public liability company and one of the 11 major electricity distribution companies or DISCOs with the license to generate, distribute, and market electricity to households in the Nigerian states. JED covers 4 Nigerian states only. These states include Plateau, Benue, Bauchi, and Gombe. The Jos Electricity Distribution Company is headquartered in Jos, the capital city of Plateau State.
JED head office is situated at Electricity House, 9 Ahmadu Bello Way, Jos-Plateau State, Nigeria.
Customer Care line:07069403531
In this guide, you are going to learn the various ways by which you can generate JED meter token and get your prepaid meter credited successfully.
The 2 basic ways to generate prepaid JED meter token
- By using smart meter card code
- By recharging online using smart device (e.g. Android, iPhone or Laptop)
Generating JED tokens using smart meter card code
The steps involved in generating JED prepaid token through smart meter is highlighted below:
- Visit any of the disco offices close to you with your smart meter card.
- Present your smart card to them. (This card also contain your meter number)
- Request and pay for the credits you can afford.
- You would be given a slip containing a 20-digit code (which is your prepaid token) and a receipt as proof of successful payment.
- Go to your prepaid meter and enter the token which is the 20 digit code, through the UIU Keyboard correctly on the LCD screen.
- If you enter the token correctly, the screen will display “ACCEPT” which means that you have successfully recharged your prepaid meter. If the screen displays “REJECT”, this means the code was not accepted probably due to error while entering the meter codes and the recharge FAILED.
As you can see, this process requires you to always visit the business centers of the electricity distribution companies around you with your meter card. However, another alternative you have is to recharge online. Buying prepaid meter token online is easier, faster and more convenient.
Generating JED token online using any internet-enabled device
You can always recharge your JED prepaid meter online anytime and anywhere you want with nepa.ng. You do not even need to leave your current location at all as the platform allows you to enjoy simple and fast payment for your electricity bill right where you are.
You can buy your JED token with these few steps listed below:
2. Here you’d see different DISCOs listed on the platform. Click on Jos Electricity Distribution Company and enter necessary details such as meter number, phone number, email, and the number of electricity units you want to buy then click the “submit” button.
3. Review and confirm your order summary, then select your preferred mode of payment (i.e. Bank transfer or via credit card) and enter your card details appropriately.
4. The system accepts your payment details if entered correctly and then takes you to the final page which shows you that your order has been confirmed. Your token is sent to your mobile number and email address immediately.
Enter this token correctly on your JED prepaid meter, then you have the electric prepaid meter credited automatically.
The process is a very easy one. It saves you time, energy and cost of transportation to the nearest bank or electricity distribution company.
I hope this helps.